[kictanet] Have we failed the nation yet again?

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Mon Sep 23 09:50:40 EAT 2013

We cannot beat ourselves too much. This disasters happen world over.
Just last week, a gunman opened fire at the Washington Navy yard
killing 12people. We see attacks in Israel, Nigeria, and India.

What might have failed us is intelligence agencies. Since Kenya has
tight gun and small weapons control than the developed world, it
should be hard to transport heavy weapons all the way to Westlands.
But we have seen previously crooks bribe their way through road blocks
in the Garissa Nairobi highway which is the major conduit for weapons.
>From the organisation of the Westgate gang, you can imagine the kind
of funding they had to compromise our security systems.

The solution is not full metal detectors (which by the way cannot stop
any gunman), but covert operations to wipe out radical groups.