[kictanet] Africa IT Jobs Outsourced to China – Africa May Become Perpetually Dependent on China for Certain Skills

Mark Mwangi mwangy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 09:51:02 EAT 2013

I agree with going local first in fact only going local. They can be
invited to tender but knowing that it will most likely be awarded to a
local. The chinese do not have European companies building their stuff and
this is solely because they deliberately built up their capacity. We
continuously spew engineers, architects, economists etc from our
universities. where do they all o so that we wind up with foreign companies
building stuff?

If the issue is the bidding price please do not ignore that foreign
companies are backed by their governments. It is an open secret that China
funds their commercial companies. The Europeans do the same albeit more
covertly. How is a local company with zero govt backing supposed to compete
with that?

The beauty with connectivity nowadays is that I have realized that the
knowledge and skills I have as a geospatial guy are exactly the same as an
Australian,Hungarian, American Graduate. We are all taught the same
concepts and are expected to apply them to solve problems. Of Course the
Moi regime destroyed most   Why we allow our government to lock us out of
big contracts is rather amusing. Who is the government anyway?

Regards,

Mark Mwangi

markmwangi.me.ke