[kictanet] Fw: [OCL4Ed 13.09] Welcome to Week 2

Network of non- formal Educational institutions nnfeischools at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 08:14:40 EAT 2013

On-Line Training on OER going on

Jane

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: WikiEducator <noreply at WikiEducator.org>
To: Jane Ngima Muthiga <nnfeischools at yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 12:00 AM
Subject: [OCL4Ed 13.09] Welcome to Week 2

Welcome to the start of Week 2 of OCL4Ed 13.09
By now the majority of OCL4Ed participants have familiarised themselves with the social media technologies we are using for this OCL4Ed mOOC.
We have posted a few tips in the course announcements section for improving your learning experience and avoiding common errors we have observed as the course progresses. For learners who are aiming to achieve certification for participation, we recommend that you consult these guidelines.
If you have fallen behind, there is still time to use your Monday to brush up on the definition of OER by viewing David Wiley's video signpost introducing OER and a few OER definitions before we take a more detailed look at copyright and Creative Commons licenses later this week.
If you haven't had a chance yet, please complete the Fair and reasonable practice survey (even if you are not an active participant in OCL4Ed). This forms part of an open international study on what educators think about sharing teaching materials. Please share the gift of your knowledge and experience to assist us in planning open education futures.
Have a great week and we look forward to seeing you online!