[kictanet] Row simmers over order on new Information, Communication and Technology leadership

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 4 14:41:54 EAT 2013

@ Walu, For comparison purposes, see legal notice legal Notice 26 of 2007  http://www.kenyalaw.org/klr/index.php?id=568 (STATE CORPORATION KENYA INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY BOARD 2007)

From: ggithaiga at hotmail.com
To: robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
CC: kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
Subject: RE: [kictanet] Row simmers over order on new Information, Communication and Technology leadership
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 09:13:46 +0000

Thanks Loise for sharing the legal notice.
@ Yawe you are right. That is the nature of the notice. You do not need to be subjected to public scrutiny:) (On a light note, it is a pity since I would be interested to know your inside manenos).
@ Brian, Walu, and Alice
I have just skimmed through the notice and in matters of the ICT Authority appointments (both board and first CEO) it actually gives the CS carte blanche. There may not be a row after all!  Maybe some mischief at the drafting process of the notice which ensured that it ignored article 10 of the constitution which  lays emphasis on consulting in policy making processes. @ Kapiyo, @ Grace Bomu, what are your comments?
RgdsGG