[kictanet] State cancels the Laptop Project tender process?

James Mbugua jgmbugua at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 15:23:34 EAT 2013

Who is the Ministry of Education pointman who was dealing with this
projects? Can we get him to listen to these useful suggestions. I, for one
agree, this contract cannot be given to a single supplier and even if it
was, he would sub contract the same guys who could have been contracted
initially anyway.

James

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Evans Ikua <ikua.evans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Great words there Ngigi, FREEDOM, VALUE FOR MONEY! Sound familiar?
>

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Ngigi Waithaka <ngigi at at.co.ke> wrote:
>
>> Poncelet,
>>
>> Yes, an open online procurement platform would bring visibility to the
>> tender process, but, the last time the government tried to implement one,
>> it was mired in controversy when the Public Procurement Oversight Authority
>> (PPOA), which was the procuring agent this time , flouted the very
>> procurement rules it is supposed to uphold.
>>
>> So lets just say, there is currently none!
>>
>> But, even without one, if someone was willing to think just a little bit,
>> you can still procure this in a cost effective manner, with reduced risk
>> and get great value for money.
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Poncelet Ileleji <pileleji at ymca.gm>wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Waithaka,
>>>
>>> Your proposal's sounds great to me if it can happen within an open
>>> online procurement platform.   However one question I have been wanting to
>>> ask in large scale ICT procurements especially within the Education and
>>> Health sector, why can't there exist an online platform to handle such
>>> procurement?  To me this will be a good balancing act that all can see who
>>> tendered for what and whatever value added they will bring in especially
>>> when it involves schools, because in the long run, for this Laptop project
>>> for Kenyan schools, I personally felt in such procurement process value
>>> added services must be a must and long term because its an important sector
>>> that can be a game changer to the whole education sector in terms of
>>> properly inegrating ICT into traditional curriculum,?
>>>
>>>  Just my little 0.0000001% to this interesting discuss
>>>
>>> Peace
>>>
>>> Poncelet

>>> --
>>> Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
>>> Coordinator
>>> The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
>>> MDI Road Kanifing South
>>> P. O. Box 421 Banjul
>>> The Gambia, West Africa
>>> Tel: (220) 4370240