[kictanet] FB accounts compromised

Daniel Mbugua danjuguna2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 09:07:27 EAT 2013

Hi Ikua,

Thanks for the warning.

Sometimes the hack can be as simple as viewing saved passwords on the
browser. This applies to Chrome and Mozilla Firefox plus a few others.

So to prevent this hacking while using public or personal computers, please
memorize the password instead of saving it on the browser.

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Evans Ikua <ikua.evans at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have just had a friend of mine lose her FB account after a hacker got
> her credentials and started scamming her friends to send him/her money. Now
> I log into FB and I see my cousin's account with a similar message on his
> wall. Seems like there is trend here. Please warn all and sundry against
> just sending money to anyone just because they saw a message from a friend
> on FB. Twitter may help.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Mbugua.

Software Engineer