[kictanet] Have we failed the nation yet again? - the inzi issue

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 13:12:56 EAT 2013

@Ngigi,

Joining this thread late but I do hear you...and I do hope the new Technocrats at the Ministry of ICT will also hear you. The President keeps saying we give 30% of the tenders to local companies.  We do not get to see these 30% with regard to ICT projects.

And it is because the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak; assume you were the CEO ICT Authority and have to make a decision between buying local (say from http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/) vs buying from the Big Vendors. Big Vendor takes you to a world tour to see how their software works in Europe, US and Asia - for free.

The local guy @http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/ takes you to Eldy, Bungoma and Masaku to see how his software works. You are the CEO of ICT Authority - what will you buy?

This is where the rubber meets the road.  You will need heroic discipline to make a call for the local software company. Presidential directives are never sufficient in bread and butter issues.

walu.