[kictanet] CCK PUSHES LOCAL FIRMS TO HOST WEBSITES LOCALLY

Dennis Kioko dmbuvi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 15:30:26 EAT 2013

The story may also have gone ahead to say that we will have watchmen guard
the submarine cables at the landing stations to keep away cyber criminals.

A while back, there was little awareness on cyber security in the country.
We have quickly moved to ridiculous stories and ridiculous figures been
thrown around everywhere. Looks like the strategy here has shifted to Fear,
uncertainty and doubt in a bid to force firms to spend in cybersecurity,
rather than to inform.

Absent in all cybersecurity issues is the issue of the US and China, here
we have to rely on Wikileaks to know what is happening in Kenya.

Cyber incidents are moving to snooping, where installations get hacked
into, but the hackers steal info while trying to leave everything intact,
or install backdoors without trying to be obvious.

--
with Regards:

blog.denniskioko.com <http://www.denniskioko.com/>