[kictanet] CCK PUSHES LOCAL FIRMS TO HOST WEBSITES LOCALLY

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 27 11:27:28 EAT 2013

Interesting Ali. And like you, I do hope that the DG was misquoted. Is CCK website hosted locally?

From: ali at hussein.me.ke
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 06:35:58 +0300
Subject: [kictanet] CCK PUSHES LOCAL FIRMS TO HOST WEBSITES LOCALLY
CC: kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke
To: ggithaiga at hotmail.com

Listers
The Communications Commission of Kenya has proposed a licensing condition that may compel Internet service providers (ISPs) to bring websites hosted offshore back to the country in the fight against cyber crime...
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate-News/CCK-pushes-firms-to-host-websites-locally-in-new-rules/-/539550/2089412/-/15ly5o1z/-/index.html
I sincerely hope that the DG was somehow misquoted on this story. Whilst its a good idea to host sites locally this in no way stops cybercrime or mitigates it. Infact with the rudimentary security infrastructure most providers have I will be loath to host any site locally leave alone an Ecommerce one locally.
Can government please focus on legislation and regulation instead of butting into my business and telling me where I should host my website??

Ali Hussein
+254 0770 906375 / 0713 601113
"I fear the day technology will surpass human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots".  ~ Albert Einstein
Sent from my iPad