[kictanet] Google invests an estimated US$14 million in a Metronet in Kampala to open up the market

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Tue Nov 26 21:57:04 EAT 2013

Quite an opportunity for Kampala. I like the fact that Google claims
to "Avoid unnecessary duplication, but create synergy by working with
other operators".

My only problem is, since this capacity is being sold to existing
ISPs, the end user might not see that much fancied affordable
broadband.

And that thing called Capital Flight! I wish Kampala could build it's
own fiber network. But better half a loaf than no bread