[kictanet] [ISOC_KE] Day 1: On-line debate on African Union Convention on Cyber Security (AUCC)

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 01:02:03 EAT 2013

Listers,

Emerging trends and security threats have forced people to start thinking
of online security and child protection. I was listening to a colleague
from Canada saying how citizens are increasingly getting comfortable with
online surveillance. Africa has a very poor electronic commerce track
record  which might be linked to weak cyber cecurity as such we might want
to strike a balance between freedom and responsibility online. Companies
have stringent policies regarding the use of their Internet and network
resources, iam tempted to imagine that we might require a stringent policy
framework that can drive Africans towards maximizing on the potential of
the internet, this becomes fuzzier when you analyse it from a perspective
of the governments role.

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277
+254-20-2498789