[kictanet] A good piece by Dr. Bitange Ndemo

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Tue Nov 19 16:57:29 EAT 2013

If I ever have a chance to sit down with Dr Ndemo I will ask just *one*
question:

You were in Government as the PS ICT for 10 years, with a golden chance to
formulate the policies that you are now saying we need. Yet, you wasted
that chance and if anything, oversaw the domination of the Kenya ICT scene
by foreign firms, implementing products & services that could have been
done here and also oversaw the abolishing of the import tax on software,
that is needed to shield the nascent software industry and hence exporting
even more Kenyan jobs to those countries like India, who probably need them
more than we do!

So, what has changed now? Is this a case of Saul converting on his way to
Damascus?

Would that be *one* question?

Waithaka Ngigi
A1.iO

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Dorcas Muthoni <dmuthoni at gmail.com> wrote:

> A good piece by Dr. Bitange Ndemo
>

> *We must be more pragmatic to resolve Kenya's high unemployment *
>
> http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/blogs/dot9/-/1959700/2077756/-/oodsogz/-/index.html
>
> --
> Muthoni
>
> My Blog: http://rugongo.blogspot.com/
> Mahatma Gandhi once said:-
>
> First they ignore you,
> Then they laugh at you,
> Then they fight you,
> AND THEN YOU WIN!!!

*Regards,*

*Wait**haka Ngigi*
Chief Executive Officer | Alliance Technologies | MCK Nairobi Synod Building
T + 254 (0) 20 2333 471 |Office Mobile: +254 786 28 28 28 | M + 254 737 811
000
www.at.co.ke