[kictanet] [SPAM?] Re: Week 1: Online Discussion on Promoting Internet Freedoms in Africa (November 11 - 15)

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Fri Nov 15 06:53:41 EAT 2013

Hello all

With freedom comes responsibility. And I think our african dilemma is that we want freedom and not the responsibility it carries.

The internet is an amazing tool but just like any other tool in our life we have to use it properly. When people violate other peoples privacy with in researched stories then publish them on the internet there must be a way to protect the innocent. We should no be allowed to trample other peoples freedoms because we want to express our own freedoms.

I see this heavily on the online press and also the printed press.  Our journalists need to learn to respect individual freedoms in the pursuit of a hot story.

Badru Ntege
Sent from my Mobile