[kictanet] Safaricom shuts down cash for Bonga Points platform

ICT Researcher ict.researcher at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 13:10:11 EAT 2013

One could also choose to more broadly realise this (and all other so called "loyalty programmes") for what it really is - lock-in schemes to benefit the seller/service provider http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyalty_program. They are behavioural power and control societal manifests. Do you buy a  drink because its maker is running a competition of because you are thirsty? Similarly, do you buy at a particular supermarket or use a mobile operator service because of their best-offer market prices? The firms laugh upon noticing their consumer manipulation working to the extent that shifts conversation from call for best prices to fights over gratiutious (supposedly "free") offering. juu consumers waliingizwa kwa box:-)