[kictanet] Reverse Engineering Patents

Ngigi Waithaka ngigi at at.co.ke
Mon Nov 4 22:03:28 EAT 2013

Listers,

Every now and then you hear that we as a country ought to take our
intellectual property a lot more seriously, and infact we should get onto
the patent band wagon.

But, would we be better served by recognizing patents, especially software
patents, or not?

A good primer on where we are with patents here and it looks like Nuclear
Warfare waiting to happen in a war where we've only got sticks!
http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/05/rockstar/

With this in mind, could we then propose that patents are not enforceable
in Kenya, then EAC, then AU, then maybe the rest of the world will come
down and negotiate?

--
*Regards,*

*Wait**haka Ngigi*
Chief Executive Officer | Alliance Technologies | MCK Nairobi Synod Building
T + 254 (0) 20 2333 471 |Office Mobile: +254 786 28 28 28 | M + 254 737 811
000
www.at.co.ke