[kictanet] Connected Summit highly sponsored by International tech giants

Adam Nelson adam at varud.com
Thu May 30 12:41:50 EAT 2013

The answer to your first question is Brown University, primarily funded by
a hard core capitalist slaveholder in Providence, Rhode Island:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Brown,_Sr.

However, I agree with the critique of multinationals as being somewhat
above sovereign law, but that's not the initial critique - which is simply
that foreign multinationals are going to be getting Kenyan government
contracts as an indirect result of making personal connections at the
conference.

---
OpenStack for Africa: http://signup.kili.io
Musings: https://twitter.com/varud