[kictanet] IEBC Voting Day Technical Audit

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 08:19:12 EAT 2013

@Mwangi,

Two things.

1. IEBC cannot purpot to audit themselves. Same thing as cops trying to investigate themselves - they will try to cover their xyz.
2. I think it would be some unnecessary distraction at this moment in time to do an independent audit.

My take is that we have some independent audit much later - say a year before the next election as a way of "lessons learnt" rather than now where the audit action maybe misinterprated to mean  "whom do we blame". In such circumstances, IEBC officials will naturally be protective rather than facilitative.

walu.