[kictanet] Is CCK' s move to renege on a promise to award a 3rd digital signal distributor license justified?

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 24 10:15:46 EAT 2013

Hi David,

Thanks for the kind words, I stand corrected on the payment issue but that was the last position I had and not being an employee or owner of Startimes (but I am a dealer) I based my statement on out dated information.

Nonetheless the CCK requirement is that after the completion of the migration process will the current free to air channels become free to watch as the signal distributor will have revenue from the content providers to meet allow them to meet their costs.

It is interesting how this discussion is progressing especially in view of the issue of Telkom/Orange wanting to charge Google for delivering their content yet the consumer pays Telkom/Orange for the bandwidth, the comment from Safaricom is a clear indication that over time they too will want to also get a share of Googles advertising revenue as opposed to increasing charges to their clients.

The situation of Startimes a.k.a PanAfrican and Telkom/Orange are very similar which boils down to us getting down to generate local content, one of which ways would be for us to have a face to face discussion and record it.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor