[kictanet] [ISOC_KE] Should students be given laptops or e-readers?

Dennis Kioko dmbuvi at gmail.com
Mon May 20 08:20:12 EAT 2013

Why do we have an ambitious program to supply devices to school but opt for
Solar rather than an equally ambitious program to distribute electricity to
all schools.

We are looking at the laptop program in isolation, rather than one with
directly related and unrelated components.

At some point, we'll find that health and access to food may also impact
the laptop program.

Again, we are used to coming up with short term solutions for our problems
ie 4x4 for bad roads, septic tanks in Mavoko for lack of a sewer system
etc. It's time we got down to starting from the bottom.

Let's have ambitious programs to fix roads, built sewers, spur business
creation and increase in manufacturing etc