[kictanet] [ISOC_KE] Should students be given laptops or e-readers?

Phares Kariuki pkariuki at gmail.com
Sun May 19 08:27:55 EAT 2013

I'm quite aware of the Solar argument... Have a look at the manual - on
charging...

Sent from my iPhone

On 19 May 2013, at 01:48, Brian Ngure <brian at pixie.co.ke> wrote:

Question: how would this help students whose nearest power source is 30 km
or more away? Or are you only thinking of students in urban areas?

I think it should not be one or the other, but a mixture of both depending
on certain factors, e.g power availability, etc. What say you?

kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke

Unsubscribe or change your options at
https://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/pkariuki%40gmail.com

The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform for
people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.

KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and bandwidth,
share knowledge, don't flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.