[kictanet] FBI's Latest Proposal for a Wiretap-Ready Internet Should Be Trashed

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Mon May 13 07:00:35 EAT 2013

Listers

Threat to Internet freedoms and security?

This article alleges that the FBI's latest attempts to Institutionalize wire tapping on online services will ultimately compromise a whole online ecosystem (especially cloud services) making it less attractive and potentially more vulnerable to hackers.

I'm curious as to what extent these proposals by the FBI mirror our own security apparatus' ability to wiretap and snoop on our online activities or whether these have already been legislated and implemented.

http://www.wired.com/opinion/2013/05/the-fbis-plan-for-a-wiretap-ready-internet-is-misdirected-shortsighted-and-ridiculous/

Ali Hussein
CEO | 3mice interactive media Ltd
Principal | Telemedia Africa Ltd

+254 713 601113

"The future belongs to him who knows how to wait." - Russian Proverb

Sent from my iPad