[kictanet] Access Kenya to be acquired by Dimension Data PLC

Adam Nelson adam at varud.com
Tue May 7 10:55:44 EAT 2013

I think there needs to be a balance between regulating against abusive
monopolies and making sure companies are well enough capitalized to
implement best practices.

AccessKenya, after the acquisition, will not be a monopoly in most markets
in the country AFAIK and I'm pretty sure the regulators are strong enough
to prevent abuse.  Private lines are old fashioned and what I imagine
Dimension Data is thinking is that they can leverage legacy cash flow and
use the parent company's access to capital to invest in higher level
products to upsell to the existing customers.

I think more foreign investors with access to cheap capital will be doing
exactly the same thing over the coming years.

-Adam

https://twitter.com/varud
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamcnelson