[kictanet] Welcome!

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon May 6 13:46:24 EAT 2013

@Yawe - a few points of correction!

1. Noone purges any details from the archives.
2. The issue of formal welcome - your idea of formal does matter though -
is questionable, unless you tell us how previous ones
    were done.
3. Dr. Ndemo was a PS while Dr. Matiang'i, though called a secretary, is a
notch above Ndemo. Matiang'i is a Minister. Those are
    two different birds which can't be fried in the same pan:-)

On 2 May 2013 08:50, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Daktari,
>
> I was tempted to say karibu but I realised three issues why that would be
> inappropriate
>
> 1.  KICTAnet is like a perpetual bar brawl for which there is no formal
> invitation or welcome and the participants are in it for varied reasons
> many of each are never verbalised.
> 2.  Actually your welcome party actually tool place when you your named by
> the president, from your email below it seems to have happend in your
> absence and the details have been purged from the achieves it might be a
> good idea to have them forwarded to you by Dr. Ndemo
> 2.  You are still a nominee and it is possible that the vetting committee
> in parliament might reject your nomination based on a lack of "passion" for
> the job as you did not read your speech from an xPAD, you do not have a
> bluetooth or NFC ear peice permanently glued to your ear and finally you
> have not shared you twitter handle.
>
> I look forward to engaging with you but most likely your principle
> secretaries as we try to remain relevant as the ICT sector (not that the
> post for ICT Executive in the counties is position number 10) and hope that
> you shall be as tolerant of my dear friend Dr. Ndemo who was the perfect
> punching bag on this forum.
>
> Regards
>
> Robert Yawe
> KAY System Technologies Ltd
> Phoenix House, 6th Floor
> P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
> Kenya
>
> Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696

Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254733744121/+254722743223
"I can't hear you -- I'm using the scrambler."