[kictanet] SPAM/OPT IN/OPT OUT MARKETING FROM THE TELCOS - DEATH BY SMS

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Fri May 3 15:43:49 EAT 2013

Advertisements (as in newspapers, TV, etc.) provide the primary course of revenue for these businesses.

Safaricom and other telcos need to demonstrate that they are offering services as below par prices and hence need to recoup/make a profit through ads.

There is no justification for bombarding individuals with ads when they are not getting a cut in airtime rates.

CCK should step in and advise accordingly.

Regards.

 Message: 1