[kictanet] Spain's Extremadura starts switch of 40, 000 government PCs to open source

Evans Ikua ikua.evans at gmail.com
Thu May 2 16:47:42 EAT 2013

"The government of Spain's autonomous region of Extremadura has begun the
switch to open source of it desktop PCs. The government expects the
majority of its 40,000 PCs to be migrated this year, the region's CIO
Theodomir Cayetano announced on 18 April. Extremadura estimates that the
move to open source will help save 30 million euro per year."
Read more here:
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/community/osor/news/spains-extremadura-starts-switch-40000-government-pcs-open-source

*My estimation that for every 300 dollars of my tax money that the
Government spends on MS Office licensing, 250 dollars is wasted.*

--
Kind Regards,