[kictanet] Opinion Technology, transparency, and the Kenyan general election of 2013

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 15:56:39 EAT 2013

Even as conspiracy theories (continue to) abound, let us note age old
wisdom stating:

"Every matter/case must be established by two or three witnesses"

Over 3 elections/witnesses exist as to how many votes were probably cast on
March 4th, 2013.

Looking at Nairobi votes, (i) the presidential, (ii) governor and (iii)
senator -- total votes cast were over 1.3 million (over 72% voter turnout)
in all 3 races.

If voter turnout in Nairobi has averaged 50% in past elections (2002, 2007,
2010 - referendum), this was an over 40% increase....