[kictanet] Opinion Technology, transparency, and the Kenyan general election of 2013

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Sun Mar 31 11:59:00 EAT 2013

Dear Dr. Warigia,

Unless we plan the process in a civil society activism manner, we
might be knocking at walls with no doors. Indeed loud activism is the
only one that has brought noticeable change in the country, and the
gains we enjoy now.

Since time in memorial, history has shown that the leadership of the
country is decided at boardroom level, and the work of the electorate
is to stamp and add some icing on the cake, thus add credibility.

This has had a profound effect on the citizenry, among them voter
apathy. With a population of 40+ million people, less than half the
adults registered to participate in the theater, and far less even
voted.

IEBC did a great job of making the process look credible to the runup
to the elections, and majority started believing in the fool-proof
method. That credibility and trust need to be restored.

Now, what did you have in mind?

Kind Regard
Mwendwa Kivuva

On 31/03/2013, Warigia Bowman <warigia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Dick and Brian
>
> I think that Kictanet has a real opportunity to make sure that we do better
> next time. Can we work out an agenda to plan for this?
>
> Yours, Warigia
>

> On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Dick Omondi
> <Dick.Omondi at ke.airtel.com>wrote:
>
>> Now that we have a court decision that clears the matter of the
>> presidency, perhaps it is now time to remove the emotions of the
>> decision,
>> turn away from politics and get down to the core issues in real
>> institutional management and those surrounding the processes and the
>> people
>> around the IEBC lest we sit back and get through another four years and
>> put
>> together another unit in the last year of the 5 and go back to the same
>> merry go round.

Mwendwa Kivuva
For
Business Development
Transworld Computer Channels
Cel: 0722402248
twitter.com/lordmwesh
transworldAfrica.com | Fluent in computing
kenya.or.ke | The Kenya we know