[kictanet] Government acts on driving e-commerce growth

Evans Ikua ikua.evans at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 09:42:22 EAT 2013

This is something that should have happened already and I wish those
involved godspeed in the implementation. Its god that the government is
taking this initiative and it will be interesting to see exactly how CCK is
planning to get the private sector to participate. Lets have that
information soon.

At the same time, just a word of caution, PKI is not a silver bullet for
security.  I am not sure if PKI will reduce the instance of cyber
insecurity, other than providing for non-repudiation and authenticity. The
implementation is much more than just getting the vendor to install the
technology. There are many pitfalls and challenges. Then there is there is
the education of users, in this case the entire population. Encryption is
one of the most complicated subjects there is.

Just my thoughts.
Evans

Kind Regards,
Evans Ikua,*