[kictanet] Our Response to Systematic ICT Systems Failure at IEBC

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 16:42:01 EAT 2013

Warigia,

My reference was to comments, on this list made by Baiju. He did not name
names.

If we invest more on skills/deployment of information systems, less money
would be available for hardware purchases/insider trading. Hardware
sales/purchases do not require as much skill, team work or transparency as
deploying information systems.

As noted before on this list:

*”Government of Kenya spends 0.3% on IT as a percentage of overall
spending. This is 20 times less than government industry average of 6.5% .
(based on Gartner benchmarks).* * * *a. Most of the spending is on hardware
at 65% compared to global benchmark of 18%. IT spending on staff is
significantly lower 18% as opposed to 38% for global benchmark.”*

http://www.cio.co.ke/news/main-stories/kenya-launches-national-ict-master-plan-2017,-aims-to-connect-all