[kictanet] Fwd: Is Public Vetting Of Cabinet Secretaries (ICT) Possible?

Adam Nelson adam at varud.com
Wed Mar 13 15:53:03 EAT 2013

IMHO, the best solution to this is:

1.  For KICTANet to work with other civil society groups to create the
expectation that the National Assembly will have a deliberative process
around the approval of cabinet secretaries.  This will give time for people
to evaluate the candidate and respond to the nomination. This should happen
now.
2. A committee of people from this group should be formed.  This should
happen now.
3. For cabinet positions were ICT is a major component of the job
responsibility, the committee should evaluate the candidate and make a
public determination of support, neutrality, or disapproval.

That's my two cents at least, but I'm an outsider here and don't have any
of the contacts or status to move something like this forward.

-Adam
https://twitter.com/varud
https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamcnelson