[kictanet] Our Response to Systematic ICT Systems Failure at IEBC

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 08:54:52 EAT 2013

Delano,

Baiju, if I am reading right, seems to believe kickbacks were involved in
this project.

Time to deploy & test the electronic tallying, transmission & storage
systems was short. This we can concur was our greatest failure.

IEBC chose to go manual (after procurement of an electronic system became
more complicated by time & politics) but the Cabinet & Donors (such as Ms.
Clinton | USAID) believed we needed the electronic system to compliment the
manual system.

If we did not try and fail, would we be learning some valuable lessons now?

Was the deal directed to the highest bidder/briber?

Should the EACC investigate?