[kictanet] Our Response to Systematic ICT Systems Failure at IEBC

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Tue Mar 12 15:22:15 EAT 2013

Aye..!

Could someone please aver what the furor was all about on this list when
systems failed at IEBC last week. I thought it was so that

we could address systemic issues in that part of the election process..?
Please someone correct me, but I seem to be settling on

this conclusion that we collectively only raise hue and cry when the
system(s) are perceived to be working  against "us", or not in

"our" interests - whichever side of divide each one of us sits. Once they
serve 'our' interests, we quickly move on.. So where is

posterity in all this..? A pattern emerges where well calculated
intellectual arguments everywhere nowadays, that  thinly  veil and

mask the real motives in us. We completely bury our heads in the ground and
deny that we have deeply rooted issues that stem

from tribe, class etc and as a result,  we are caught up in this  vicious
cycle that we cannot seem to free ourselves from and which

clouds our entire vision as a nation. Who will free us, if we do not take
initiative ourselves..? How and when will we as a nation

confront this 'monster' head on, by first of all acknowledging it exists.
Then moving to deal with it. Can this list be at the forefront

of it..?

If so,  let's start now..

Harry