[kictanet] Has the ICT Sector Failed?

n_macharia at yahoo.co.uk n_macharia at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 18:20:31 EAT 2013

Listers do We recall this!?

Electronic Voting Systems in Africa
 ICT Africa Writer
February 26, 2013

With the help of Google and mobile phone companies in Kenya, the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission is implementing an electronic voting system. The commission has come up with a plan that will guarantee election transparency and quick delivery of election results.

"Results from each of the polling stations will be transmitted to three counting centres, using the Electronic Results Transmission (ERT) platform. With rapid delivery of results, suspicion of results tempering will hopefully be put to rest."

After Kenya has pioneered this form of voting system in Africa, we hope other countries in Africa, including Zimbabwe, will follow their steps....???

And this why we need to investigate what happened. This will provide the much neeed lessons for others

 The objective was  "election transparency and quick transmission of results to rid kenyans of tampering suspicion "
.who is fooling who?

Nancy
Sent from my BlackBerry®