[kictanet] [mediaeditors] Role of the Media in Kenyan Elections

Harry Delano harry at comtelsys.co.ke
Mon Mar 11 18:25:27 EAT 2013

Aye..!

Methinks we can treat the media stance this time around, a natural reflex in response to the horrifying aftermath dating 5 years ago. The same media was variously negatively cited as playing a prominent role then. While we can criticize media for any other shortcomings, I suppose we can applaud their huge role in preaching peace run-up, through, and after this campaign. Perhaps they overdid it, and did not strike a balance between keeping the peace, and objective reporting. Am least qualified to judge.

Having said that, at times I really marvel at how fast we forget critical issues on this list. In fact they literally slip through our fingers. Just last week we agreed to do a post audit of the failed technology process of this election. Are we still going to seek some answers to understand and possibly remedy what happened..?

Bwana Ps, where do we start...?

Meanwhile, lets entrust the legal framework to deal with the other aspects arising, that are beyond us..

Just me,

HarryEdith Adera <eadera at idrc.ca> wrote:A+