[kictanet] IEBC Issues - a light note

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 13:31:11 EAT 2013

Erik,

The post was clearly marked as on a light note because the content is most wanting in facts and accuracy, Safaricom is not a fly by night operation that uses Windows based routers to handle VPN (virtual private network) systems.  I believe the phones being used by the IEBC where not running Windows or IOS which are the most commonly infected devices by the Red-October virus.

The viruses main activity in espionage which would mean that it does not change data but steals (a copy), the likely person who would want to do that would be the media houses as they try to upstage each other.

If I was to setup a VPN for a client as sensitive as the IEBC I definitely will include the phone IMEI and SIM card identifications to provide authentication thereby eliminating the outside Kenya scenario the fellow is peddling.

The British Military has always had a presence in Laikipia which therefore rubbishes the whole issue of a clandestine foreign invasion, the only credible thing is raised was the one on the UK Ambassador trying to force a run off by wanting the spoilt votes included in calculating the 50 + 1 requirement which seems to have been the main objective of the post and the writer decided to pad the little information he had with innuendo.  I suspect the author has a relationship with another who sent themselves an letter purported to have been sent by the National Tobacco Sniffers Association as a way to give credence to an allegation.

Rest assured that the problems at the IEBC are as home grown as Miraa.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor