[kictanet] Has the ICT Sector Failed?

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.ca
Wed Mar 6 19:48:51 EAT 2013

Mark,

The law requires that the results are transmitted electronically, so it's not a PR exercise! I guess this was made a requirement to avoid rigging and disappearing returning officers like Kivuitu experienced - as these are transmitted in the presence of all party agents observers etc. I guess also a back-up to the actual signed paper copies.

So ICT was playing a very crucial role.

Edith