[kictanet] FW: Day-time Vulgar Conversations on Kenya Media

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Thu Jun 27 00:18:20 EAT 2013

It's not the first time sensible citizens have raised this issue of
morality in this forum and elsewhere.

But is there too much appetite for such content? Who tunes into the
station? Is society  usually attracted to tabloid like material? Do
the stations with x-rated content have more following than sober
stations therefore they attract bigger advertisers, that translates to
abnormal high revenue? Have Media Owners Association failed in their
much touted self regulation? I am sure the shareholder is more
inclined to urge the presenters to add more notoriety as they eye the
balance sheet.

The only way out is for civil society and consumer representatives to
come out very strongly in condemning these acts or further still going
to court, otherwise we will still be singing the same song ten years
from now.

It's time to come up with solutions.

Warm regards