[kictanet] FW: Day-time Vulgar Conversations on Kenya Media

Isaac Mutunga scmutunga at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 26 17:35:44 EAT 2013

@Walu.
Currently there are more audience on cyberspace than listeners of
 FM radios put together. To survive social media cannibalizes stories
from traditional media, adds some salt and serves it to the millions of
its audience out there. You will find  that most ardent FM radio
listeners are also social media fans. Try and visit most of the FM
radios social media pages and you will see the reason why I believe
social media incites FM radio stories and not the other way round.

 don't support the content being aired but I believe to some extent the
media mirrors the society, even if you smash the mirror because it
depicts your ugliness you will still remain ugly.

I think CCK will
accomplish very little by regulating FM radios and giving a free reign
to social media.
I have heard that it is impossible to regulate
social media  but I have seen social media groups that have regulated
their members. CCK and other stakeholders should think of encouraging
self-regulation in both FM radio and social media content.