[kictanet] South Africa vs Kenya.....

Catherine Adeya elizaslider at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 14:58:11 EAT 2013

Moderators of the Laptop  discussions,

I beg your indulgence but this was too good to pass. Someone shared this article with me and I think it is a breath of fresh air after the 15+ years that some of us have endured that everything Tech must start in South Africa. I recall in 1996 arguing with my Boss in the UN that we must undertake a certain IT project in Kenya. Her response was there was no potential and nothing much to Kenya apart from the fact that I was Kenyan and the Project Leader. She told me the project MUST start in South Africa, then followed by Ghana, Uganda and Senegal in that order. I have to find her today so she can see the final sentence in this article:

 "If South Africa doesn't think its position as the continent's technology leader is threatened , it had better think again".

Who do you think they are all talking about...read the article:
http://www.techcentral.co.za/sa-losing-to-kenya-in-tech-race/40955/

Then continue with the Laptop discussion strengthened by this article.

Best Regards,

Nyaki