[kictanet] The connection between Big Data, Government Surveillance and Advertising

Amos Ochieng ochiengamos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 13:15:45 EAT 2013

Ali you have framed good questions as a jumping-off point for further
discussion. This is an area that is growing in relevance and should be
discussed thoroughly.

I think surveillance is good but the authorities must be transparent enough
about the data they take from us otherwise everyone will continue taking
extensive precautions to protect their identity.

Now since government is the one responsible for protecting our rights
offline, we should challenge them to protect the same rights (freedom of
expression and privacy) online in equal measure. After all,

No man is good enough to govern another man without the other's conset -
Abraham Lincoln