[kictanet] LGBT rights for ICT professionals and other engineers/scientists

Areba Collins [ @BrainiacKE ® ] arebacollins at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 20:51:15 EAT 2013

Considering the statistics mentiond in the article, Im not betting on
KICTANET following not too divergent a statistic, as such any comments here
will also probably follow the same statistical trend... Just maybe coated
in more "correct" tone / language.... :-)
++1 on sticking to Core ICT business though.

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Dennis Kioko <dmbuvi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm surprised at the speed at which the West has switched to LGBT issues,
> seeing the many issues that women still face in developing countries.
> There's a lot of oppression and violence towards women that I believe we
> can start by addressing first?
>

> On Sunday, 9 June 2013, Walubengo J wrote:
>
>> @Barrack, ICT Reseacher +1, Very True that.
>>
>> @Adam, In the value-chain of our local problems that ICT could positively
>> intervene e.g corruption, disease, traffic jam, tribalism, insecurity,
>> poaching, and many others, I would be very surprised if Listers will have
>> time to spare to discuss how folks by the name LGBT could be assisted
>> through ICT.
>>
>> walu.

*“The twentieth century has been characterized by three developments of
great political importance: the growth of democracy, the growth of
corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of
protecting corporate power against democracy”*