[kictanet] Free Laptops to run MS Windows?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 14:55:24 EAT 2013

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Uhuru-secures-Microsoft-support-for-computers/-/1056/1871904/-/7i517tz/-/index.html

"Mr Courtois said his company will work with different partners to develop
at least five enterprises in each County to provide *technical support in
hardware,* connectivity and *software *to all schools in the country. He
was speaking during a meeting with President Kenyatta at State House
Nairobi Tuesday."

Well, I haven't quite understood how the free laptop program is going to
work, or what it's supposed to achieve, but I am hesitant letting my kid be
restricted to using Windows, much as it seems MS are out to tie the laptops
to Windows to block out other players. I'd have hoped the govt would
embrace OSS in this though.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,