[kictanet] Ericsson targets girls to power growth of Information Communication Technology

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 14:34:14 EAT 2013

I think we need more collaboration. Dorcas Muthoni and her team in Linux
Chix have been doing something in this area annually, might be good to
enjoin all this initiatives. Just seen another similar press piece from CCK
it makes me wonder what the goal of this separate initiatives is. United we
stand divided we fall.

Best Regards

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Gideon <gideonrop at gmail.com> wrote:

> The telecommunications manufacturer Ericsson Kenya has upped its ante in
> training and funding of more girls in information communication technology
> ( ICT) courses. The firm hopes this will reduce the growing gender
> imbalance in the technology sector. The firm has taken up annual Girls in
> ICT day to expose high school girls to learning more on ICT careers.
>

> http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000085094&story_title=ericsson-targets-girls-to-power-growth-of-ict
>
> Gideon Rop,
> DotConnectAfrica

Barrack O. Otieno