[kictanet] CCK to renew Safaricom's licence

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.ca
Mon Jul 29 16:42:48 EAT 2013

Dear Wambua,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. Actually, 2 weeks ago an email I had composed for the list got deleted before I could deliver it...then I got swamped!

The email was about the "poor quality of service"  from Safaricom - too many dropped calls, uncompleted calls, undelivered sms", hanging sms" etc.  and asking the BIG QUESTION: "WHAT IS CCK DOING ABOUT THIS UNACCEPTABLY LOW QUALITY OF SERVICE?"

I see you have suggested that renewal of license is subject to " .....meeting set minimum quality of service standards by June 2014."

Why by June 2014?

We want good service NOW!

Can CCK address this now and get back to us telling us what will be done now and NOT June 2014?

Concerned Edith