[kictanet] [Skunkworks] [ISOC_KE] Kenya Internet Governance Forum Online Discussions Day one: Internet and the Counties

Judy M. Muli judym.muli at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 17:07:40 EAT 2013

Hello,

Internet is the driver of E-government, E-democracy, E-governance,
E-everything else,.

Today the Kenya national government and County governments are
using IFMIS (Integrated financial Management System) for Budgets,
Expenditures, Revenues(including recording and monitoring and disbursement
of donor funds,) and its entire financial operations. GPAY system for
transmission of real time payments to all Government agencies, Ministries,
suppliers, employees and all payments in the government of Kenya.

Both IFMIS and GPAY require connectivity and secure connectivity for that
matter.

Internet is key and necessary for public participation as well. Use of
Computers, Mobile devices  can be key to monitor and report on how budgets
are being implemented in national and county governments.

Judy Muli
Head of ICT
COB