[kictanet] [ISOC_KE] Kenya Internet Governance Forum Online Discussions Day one: Internet and the Counties

Gideon gideonrop at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 11:05:01 EAT 2013

Thanks for this topic,

The Internet offers a very good opportunity for open governance in terms of
information flow to the Citizens. This means that the County governments
can endeavor to ensure that there is transparency and that every detail of
developement is made available to the citizens as it happens.

It also acts as a good resource for crowd sourcing where all the County
Govts have a central portal/database where all updates and information is
accumulated as well as  distributed, this will increase accountability and
as such they can be rated based on real time analysis available through ICT
systems deployed.

Warmest Regards,
Rop
DotConnectAfrica