[kictanet] Fw: KENIC set to be wound up

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 08:32:48 EAT 2013

Walu and all,

I really look forwad to a full public engagement process before any major
decision can be made, is this the best that we can do as a nation? as the
Internet society we are looking forwad to a public process that will
examine possible solutions to this debacle that has dragged on for years,
we are not short of case studies from Africa and globally and we will seek
to demonstrate this. We welcome all stakeholders to the Kenya Internet
Governance Forum to be held at Stathmore University Business School on July
26th 2013 where we shall make our position on this matter known.

Thank you

Best Regards

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Grace Mutung'u (Bomu)
<nmutungu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ever since matters KENIC ceased being public.....
>
> On 16/07/2013, Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Not sure if this is true...but I thought only the KENIC AGM can wound up
> > KENIC.  Not sure of the Regulator can do this single-handedly...
> >
> > read more...
> >

> > Kenyan regulator looks to decommission domain registrar
> > The country's communications agency is looking to put in place a new
> > registry, but the process is controversial
> >
> http://www.itworld.com/internet/365167/kenyan-regulator-looks-decommission-domain-registrar?page=0,0
> >

> > walu.
> >

> --
> Grace L.N. Mutung'u (Bomu)