[kictanet] Digital TV Migration: Local stations turnoff digital transmission - the plot thickens

Ali Hussein ali at hussein.me.ke
Wed Jul 3 12:33:36 EAT 2013

Robert

I guess there are many an entrepreneur who are already doing something about it - the good, the bad and the ugly. We have our own version of Nollywood called Riverwood. There is a lot of good stuff coming out together with some really nasty stuff. You only need to pay attention on Uhuru Highway where hawkers now have 'Za Wazee' (Politely know in English as Adult Content) in Kamba, Swahili, Kikuyu and other local languages.

These guys are filling a gap just like in Hollywood. There will be a period of consolidation and attrition where we hope the African MGM, Warner Brothers, HBO will appear and thrive.

As you said Yawe, the Government is already doing its part. Now its up to us.

Ali Hussein
CEO | 3mice interactive media Ltd
Principal | Telemedia Africa Ltd

+254 713 601113/ 0770 906375

"The future belongs to him who knows how to wait." - Russian Proverb

Sent from my iPad