[kictanet] Google is Hiring! - Public Policy and Government Relations Manager, Kenya

Joseph Mucheru mucheru at google.com
Tue Jul 2 17:48:06 EAT 2013

Public Policy and Government Relations Manager,
Kenya<https://www.google.com/about/jobs/search/#!t=jo&jid=2661001&>
 Nairobi, Kenya
 Legal & Government Relations
·
Full-time
As our Manager for Public Policy and Government Relations in Kenya, you
will represent Google externally with government, regulators and third
parties, as well as help manage our local public policy strategy and
campaigns. You will work with a cross-functional team of Google employees
in Africa as well as with a closely-coordinated global Public Policy team
to advance policy positions that benefit our users and an open Internet
more generally.

Responsibilities

   - Develop and lead public policy campaigns across the full range of
   policy areas that impact Google and the web.
   - Key issues include technology innovation, free expression, privacy and
   intellectual property.
   - Engage directly with politicians and policy-makers. Build a network of
   trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups and others to
   support policies that will help create/maintain a user-focused online
   environment as well as an open Internet.

More <https://www.google.com/about/jobs/search/#!t=jo&jid=2661001&>....

--
Joe Mũcherũ
Regional Lead, Sub-Saharan Africa

+254 20 360 1701 Office
+254 20 360 1100 Fax
+254 20 360 1000 Switch Board (Regus)

+254 722522135 Mobile

http://www.google.com

This email may be confidential or privileged.  If you received this
communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please
erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it went to
the wrong person.  Thanks.