[kictanet] Day-time Vulgar Conversations on Kenya Media

Sammy Buruchara buruchara at me.com
Mon Jul 1 20:23:51 EAT 2013

Well put Yawe,

We need to take responsibility in parenting and especially regulation of
what our children watch.

Regards
Sammy

From:  robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk>
Date:  Monday, July 1, 2013 7:45 AM
To:  Sammy Buruchara <Buruchara at me.com>
Cc:  KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>
Subject:  Re: [kictanet] Day-time Vulgar Conversations on Kenya Media

@Matunda,

I spend at least 3 hours a day with my children on weekdays and more over
the weekend they then spend the next 9 hours in school 90% of which is with
their peers & another 9 hours is spent sleeping

I did not take my children to boarding school, I do not frequent those
places where men claim they have gone to discuss issues on national
importance, I do not play golf on Saturday morning, I do not take the car
for washing at conveniently located car washes and I only read the paper
after they have gone to bed.

Note, finding time to be with your children is a matter of choice so we need
to stop abdicating our responsibilities to the government, schools,
churches, house help (whose retirement we have refused to fund), parliament,
the senate, the judiciary, governors, matrons, television and radio, maybe
we should also have abdicated the process of creating them also.

But that is besides the point, you need to inculcate the right values in
your children after which you can safely release them into the world knowing
that they are armed to face the temptations of this world and come through
unscathed.  There is a clear reason why the government says that the
children are you responsibility until they get to the age of 21 after which
your abilities as a parent shall be tested by the society at large, our
failures are visible in Kamiti and Asumbi.

On the other end many of us are the decision makers in organisations that
support the vulgar media through advertising revenue then we twit about the
content,

We claim to be a faith based society, my foot, yet the presenters of those
vulgar shows appear in the mosques, churches, temples and tents during the
sabbath and are accepted with open arms, hypocrites is what many of us are.

If you feed anything be it a habit, animal plant or virtue it will
inevitably grow.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd